Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pizza Casserole

Pizza Casserole
Okay, so forgive the picture. I'll be honest, I am not here to impress you with fancy pictures of food. However, I am here to share amazing recipes with you that will make your mouth water and your belly just wanting more. I would like to how introduce you to Pizza Casserole.

Quite a few years ago, I was dating a guy named Josh. He loved to cook just as much as I did. We would always plan out our meals and be ready to cook when I would go to his apartment or when he would come to mine. Okay, well, we didn't always plan them out, but we did cook quite a few times together. Anyway, one night we didn't know what we wanted to make, but we knew we had to go to the store to get something. He was hungry, my son (who was then probably about 2 1/2 years old) was hungry, and well... so was I. So, we just had to make dinner. All of a sudden, he had this wonderful idea to make something called Pizza Casserole. I was quite puzzled and I wanted to know more. Of course, I was also a little put off at the idea... Pizza as a casserole? Really? What on earth are you thinking?! However, I was wrong and it was amazing! I posted the recipe to my Facebook about a week and a half ago... One of my friends tried it. Her family loved it. Of course, I was happy! So, no more waiting... here is the recipe and it's very simple! I hope you enjoy!

Pizza Casserole
1 package garden rotini (the multicolored ones)
4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese (in other words 2 packages)
1 jar of pasta sauce (I use tomato & basil)
1 package of pepperoni

Preheat oven to 375F. Boil a pot of water and cook your rotini noodles. Once they are finished drain them. Place a small layer of noodles in a baking dish, then top it with a bit of sauce. Then place a layer of pepperoni of the sauce covered noodles. Top with cheese. Repeat process until your noodles, sauce, pepperoni, and cheese are gone. Of course, sneak a few pepperoni slices to munch on!

Place baking dish in oven (I leave it uncovered) on 375F for about 25 - 30 minutes. Once done, place in dishes and serve.

It's like spaghetti, but with the element of pizza! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment