Friday, September 21, 2012

Copycat Baja Salad

Copycat Baja Salad
So, I am such a sucker for salads, but they need to be tasty. One of my favorite fast food salads is the Wendy's Baja Salad. However, their version isn't exactly on top of the healthy list. You don't really know what is going into your salad either.

I have found my own way to come up with the most perfect mock salad. It's crunchy, yummy, and just all around perfect!

Are you ready to feast your heart out on some yummy deliciousness? I know I am!

So here is what you're going to need...

Copycat Baja Salad
1 bag of Spring Mix salad mix
1 cup pico de gallo (recipe; I buy already made in the produce section, but this is a great recipe to make your own)
1 cup (copycat) chili (recipe; follow this one, it's great)
1 cup cheese (personally, I love Colby & Mont Jack)
1 cup tortilla strips

I start by dicing up my salad mix just a little more, put it in a large bowl with cheese and tortilla strips. Go ahead and give it a bit of a toss. After that top with your pico de gallo and chili.

Very simple, very easy. Another thing to consider doing is... make it more personal. It doesn't have to be exactly like their salad. Make your own chili that you like to add your personal touch. :)

Also, remember to enjoy!

Edit: It was brought to my attention that I forgot to mention one important ingredient. Guacamole. I apologize. If I am feeling fisky, I will add it to my salad. However, I love to be as cheap as possible! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment